The Breg PTO High Performance Knee Brace is the leading soft knee brace design for treating patellofemoral knee pain. Designed to be much more than a typical patella stabilizer, the High-Performance PTO incorporates the same unique design as the original PTO model along with stronger hinge bars for contact sports and sliding activities. It not only assists in normalizing patella tracking, but also controls knee hyperextension to enhance knee support.
The Breg PTO High Performance knee product features the patented Cawley PTO Tension Hinge which dynamically adjusts the amount of compression applied from the lateral pressure plate on the buttress according to the flexion angle of your knee. As your knee moves into an extended position the plate and buttress work together to form a lateral "soft tissue wall" to control patella subluxation. The Breg PTO High Performance knee brace uses the same materials as found in the original version, yet has stiffer aluminum hinge bars than the regular design for increased strength. This additional hinge bar strength provides maximum performance/control for contact sports and sliding. It is available in both neoprene or breathable Airmesh fabric.
Breg PTO High Performance Knee Brace Features:
- Enhanced aluminum hinge bars provide maximum performance/control during contact sports/sliding activities. These hinge bars are stronger than those on the regular PTO.
- Patented Cawley Tension Hinge - works to apply increasing control to the patella as the hinge bends.
- Only brace on the market that works dynamically to stabilize the patella as patient strides through a normal walking/running motion.
- Thigh strap and calf strap apply additional support to the brace.
- Progressive compression of the lateral soft tissue (peak force reached at full extension).
- The Breg PTO High Performance knee brace is lightweight with a low profile.
- Available in neoprene or Airmesh - a latex free, lycra/polyester material.
- Right/left specific.